U.S. History anyone?
Sometimes it’s just nice to have resources to send your students to and practice what you have been talking about in class. It’s important – as we lunge into this 21st century – and this difficult economic time, to find time for students to use computers in educational ways. Recently my team has been teaching U.S. history and government to our 5th graders. We have used these resources to assist us:
- Sheppard Software : we used USA government and games specifically on this website.
- Ben’s Guide : A .gov website that allows for you to pick the age group you want to target
- 50 States : A website that educates students on important aspects of each of our states
- History Central : Has a number of excellent resources including information on Explorers
- White House for Kids : An excellent resource about the United States, the Presidents, and their First Pets
- Digital Vaults : A website full of great historical information – including primary sources from our National Archives.
- African American History Month : An excellent resource for pictures, videos, and documents on those who have paved the way.
If you have more suggestions for websites please comment! I am always looking for more resources.